We are adding a Vice President, Human Resources to the F-Prime Capital Partners team. F-Prime Capital has its roots in one of America’s great entrepreneurial success stories – Fidelity Investments. For more than fifty years, we have had the privilege of backing great entrepreneurs building iconic companies in technology and healthcare, including Beam Therapeutics, Denali, Devoted Health, Flywire, Iora, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Sana Biotechnology, Toast, and Ultragenyx to name a few. Today, F-Prime and its international sister funds, Eight Roads Ventures, are amongst the largest global VC firms with several billions of dollars under management, 300+ portfolio companies, and over 100 investment professionals across our platform.
Reporting to the COO, the Vice President of Human Resources will provide the leadership and functional expertise to further develop and execute human resource strategies for F-Prime (the “Company”). This position has functional responsibilities for recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, new hire orientation and onboarding, as well as some responsibility for supporting early-stage portfolio companies with their human resource needs (recruiting, payroll/benefits and initial policies for new company formations, etc.). Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com.
Reporting to the COO, responsible for developing and implementing the Company’s overall talent acquisition, talent management and total rewards strategy ensuring consistency across the firm.
- The successful candidate will work with the Partnership to foster a unified culture that inspires and fosters excellent performance and strong employee engagement.
- Assistance with development of and maintaining an efficient, effective organizational structure.
- Manage the HR function to ensure quality, speed, innovation, flexibility, and excellent customer service.
- Coordination with Fidelity HR professionals as required.
- Develop/refine the firm’s Performance Management System, Organizational Design/Development, establishing position standards and adherence to those standards, and recommend and implement new employee engagement programs as appropriate.
- Provide assistance to portfolio companies on an as needed basis.
- At least 10 – 15+ years of experience as HR generalist, including strategic support for the company to align HR practices with business priorities and provide consultation on organizational development initiatives.
- Prior experience as head of Human Resources in a venture capital firm or venture-backed company strongly preferred, although experience with building the HR function at larger firms will also be considered.
- Track record of success in dynamic, fast growth, results-oriented organization.
- Significant background as a leader, partnering with colleagues in developing and executing organizational goals.
- Experience in working with the senior management, external partners, vendors, etc.
- Strong foundation of process orientation and quantitative decision making.
- Genuinely committed to a high standard of business and personal ethical behavior.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and state employment law
- Thrive on change; a builder not a maintainer.
- Analytical and comfortable in a data-driven environment.
- Possess the ability, business maturity and interpersonal savvy to be proactive and establish credibility with all employees across the firm.
- Have proven communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to present information clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Able to learn quickly and take a project from idea to execution (strategy to operational) quickly and independently. A proven track record in achieving results by working independently and collaboratively with others at all levels and from different functions.
- Hands-on approach with critical thinking and planning aptitude.
- Prior experience with a venture capital firm or venture backed companies in entrepreneurial, high-growth environments is strongly preferred. Experience in building and scaling early-stage companies a plus.
- Act as key advisor and business partner to senior leaders and function as an expert on people and organizational issues.
- Serve as an advocate for and the guardian of the company’s key cultural values.
- Oversee the firm’s recruiting and staffing efforts to attract and retain exceptional talent.
- Ensure that the firm maintains appropriate compensation and benefits programs.
- Initiate development programs and other training initiatives in the company to ensure employee development, retention, and succession appropriate for a venture capital firm.
- Proven HR professional with demonstrated hands-on track record of developing and implementing a total HR strategy for small/mid-sized high-growth company strongly preferred.
- Execution skills are critical for this role.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and occasional chaos. Cool under fire.
- Say what needs to be said and have the interpersonal savvy to maintain credibility and relationships after saying it.
- Able to distinguish necessary process from excessive complexity. A simplifier not a complicator.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree required and an MBA or related advanced degree preferred.
- 10 – 15 years + experience in Human Resources, including substantial background in organizational development and compensation/benefits program design.