Eight Roads Ventures & F-Prime Capital are looking for an entrepreneurial professional who will build and cultivate their industry network to help provide insightful introductions and critical feedback to our global technology portfolio. We view having a dedicated and sound approach as vital to the success of our portfolio companies in the short- and long-term. Eight Roads & F-Prime are seeking an elite relationship-builder to develop and own their Industry Network function in order to engage and put portfolio companies in touch with key executives at the right time, and with the right context.
There are lots of ways to build a successful industry network function at a venture capital firm – whether it’s via leadership councils or proprietary insights on industry innovations.
Someone with a systems-based approach to problem solving, intellectual aptitude and curiosity, exceptional interpersonal skills, deep empathy towards others, and a bias to action is ideal for this role. Eight Roads & F-Prime expect this person to operate at a high-level, but in return they will have significant autonomy to design and lead a full range of platform operations.
In this newly created global role, they will work closely with members of the investment and community/platform team, including the Managing Partners for the tech funds of both Eight Roads and F-Prime, as well as portfolio companies around the world looking to increase their US presence.
- Build and foster vibrant networks of industry executives in the U.S. that benefit F-Prime Capital & Eight Roads portfolio companies
- Create a strategy and operational model for engagement to increase connectivity and access to the portfolio companies and members of the investment team
- Develop knowledge of the Eight Roads’ & F-Prime’s portfolios in order to be a super-connector for the external community and — equally important — internally among the F-Prime and Eight Roads portfolio companies.
- Know and understand the Eight Roads’ & F-Prime’s portfolio companies needs and nuances, including their executives, products, and traction, so that you can represent them with confidence and context to your network
- Proactively assist portfolio companies with critical customer needs by making introductions to trusted members of the firm’s community
- Conduct and curate events that are meaningful to all participants
- Identify and create systematic networking efforts by creating processes to comprehensively track and utilize the Eight Roads’ & F-Prime’s relationships; identify new systems and tools to more actively track and query firm knowledge in scalable and automated ways
You will know you are successful when:
- You’ve made a critical “mover” introduction
- A founder cites Eight Roads & F-Prime as critical to winning a major customer and/or customer growth
- Your network is accessible and you know when to not make an introduction
- You’ve made one impactful/game changing introduction (first enterprise customer, critical design partner, etc.) to over 50% of the portfolio
- Focuses on being proactive instead of reactive; if a company is asking for the intro you’re already a step behind
- A strategic thinker who can quickly understand and synthesize complex markets and company ecosystems
- A natural connector who loves being around people and believes in the power of building and fostering relationships
- A high degree of empathy for early-stage entrepreneurs and the risks they take
- Advocate for innovation with high maturity and able to work gracefully with senior executives at Fortune 2000 companies
- An interesting human — executives will want to take your phone call
- Bonus if you have experience and/or knowledge of working with China-based companies and entrepreneurs and helping them connect to the ecosystem abroad.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and any relevant materials to Connie Mudge at email@example.com.