F-Prime Capital, a global venture capital fund with $2B in AUM, is currently looking to hire a Mandarin-speaking Associate with 2-4 years of healthcare-related work experience to help drive and support our healthcare investment activities across the US and China. An undergraduate degree in the life sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, biomedical engineering) is preferred but not required. The role will be Boston-based with occasional travel to China. Interested candidates can reach out to Connie at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
POSITION: The Associate will be based in Boston but travel a few times a year to China. Associate candidates must be business fluent in Mandarin and have a demonstrated passion for healthcare, and willing to work across life sciences (biotech, pharmaceutical, medical devices), Health Services and Health IT. Ideal candidates will have 2-3 years of healthcare-related work experience, preferably in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Equity Research, or Venture Capital at a leading firm. Individuals with experience in a Business Development, Corporate Development or other functions at a pharmaceutical or a medical device company will also be considered.
- Liaison between U.S. and China team of investment and portfolio management professionals.
- Supporting existing portfolio company investments through ongoing analysis and review with other investment professionals and finance, legal colleagues in the firm.
- Quarterbacking all stages of due diligence including product-specific diligence, market analysis, and conducting primary and secondary research. Prior experience in financial modeling is a plus, but not required.
- Reviewing and evaluating new business plans.
- Modest sourcing of new investment opportunities through strategic analysis of market sectors and identifying appropriate targets, attending industry events (such as conferences), and contacting and building relationships with executives.
- Assisting team with producing investment memorandum, PowerPoint presentations, and other internal presentation documents for limited partners.
- Collaborating on internal initiatives such as recruiting.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience at a top-tier Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Equity Research, or Venture Capital firm. Additionally, individuals with exceptional operating experience at a leading Healthcare company will be considered.
- Ability to work independently and productively, and thrive in a loosely-structured environment.
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be able to speak and read Mandarin (business fluent), writing in Mandarin will be a plus
- An undergraduate degree in the life sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, biomedical engineering) from a top-tier university is preferred but not required. Advanced degrees (MDs, PhDs, MBAs) are not required, but will be considered.
GEO: Boston with occasional travel to China
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience, market competitive.